Wednesday 28 August 2013

嬲 hiao5

When I think of hiao5  I cannot stop laughing. I am not thinking of the strange ways people think of hiao5.  

I am going to just translate hiao5  from the dictionary.

First meaning

a pleasant feeling as described by 快感


Second meaning

a joke, an entertainment


I was listening to a siaobing 小品 last evening and the grandmother told the grandchild's teacher that Mandarin is guêhiao .  In this aspect, the grandmother is using the second meaning of hiao5 .  Guêhiao  means very funny.




I think the above is guêhiao .

There is another meaning for this character 嬲.

And this time it is said as niao1  and some people nasal this and others do not.  The dictionary says this as 抓撓別人使發癢.And this means to scratch another person to cause them to itch - which is to tickle. 

niao1 


No comments: